A tutorial on drawing a female fashion figure pose.
This tutorial came about from reading an article on the entrepreneurial journey of a fashion brand to get funding. I have a clothing line of my own at https://hotrodcartoon.com so thought it interesting. Reading through the article led me to the site being discussed and it had some fashion style photos and poses, and since I started to draw more characters this year I referenced a photo there for this drawing. Here is the process I used to create this figure drawing.
Timelapse Of Drawing
Figure Drawing Tutorial
How to draw a female fashion pose 1. Create an oval shape for the head. Leaving enough room on the page for your full drawing.
2. Draw the center line of the body.
3. Quick stroke in where the shoulders are.
4. Add a gesture line for the hips.
5. Rough in the center lines for each arm.
6. Sketch out the center of the legs and feet.
7. Block in the shape of the sweater.
8. Add the pants outer shape.
9. Draw the hair area over the head shape.
10. Add facial features.
11. Add some shoes
12. Some more main details on the pants.
13. Block in some colour for the shirt.
14. Some base colour for the face.
15. Base colour for the pants.
16. Block in some more flesh colour.
17. Little more detail on shirt
18. Adding highlights over the base colours.
19. Finer details added in the face and clothing.
20. And there you have a sketchy looking fashion figure drawing.
Tools used to create this drawing.
Thank you for looking! I hope this was helpful to those looking to do a figure drawing from a reference photo. Let me know what you think of this tutorial, if you have any questions or have art you made based on this tutorial tag me with @pronky or #pronky.